Last updated: October 24, 2011
Current Development Status
This project is a remake of Nexus on the Commodore 64. The working title of this project is "The Clarion Project" and will be rename towards release. Nexus was an ambitious game released in 1986 for the Commodore 64 and similar 8-bit platforms. Although buggy, its storyline was fairly deep, as was the gameplay. The Clarion Project has been set up to bring the game to the modern era, PCs and mobile devices.
Programming has been progressing steadily since September 2010 (over a year). Features in place: player control, enemy AI guards, menu system, explorable map system, working elevators & doors, inner rooms, rumour system and piece assembly terminal.
- Title / Credits Soundtrack is complete: 100%
- HD Character modelling is finished: 100%
- Elevator system is finished: 100%
- Doors and inner rooms are finished: 100%
- Hidden puzzle piece system finished: 100%
- Rumour puzzle assembly terminal: 100%
- LCD communicator panel: 100%.
- HD character replacements frames are at: 98%.
- Photo presentation panel: 75%.
- Some background HD graphics are complete: 70%.
- Guard behaviours: 60%
- Interface layout graphics & panels: 60%.
- Stun gun & grenades: 50%
- Coloured passcode system: 30%
- Sound fx and music integration: 25%
- In-game music in progress: 10%
- Live map system 10%
- Nexus agent behaviours: 15%
- N.E.X.U.S. locator compass: 0%.
- Floor preview panel: 0%.
- Intro and game menus: 0%.
- Introduction theatrics: 0%
- Game Over theatrics: 0%
Major Platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android (free app), iPhone / iPad (free app)
Minor Platforms: Pandora Handheld?
- C++ Programmer / Modelling / Graphics
- Technical supporter for the Graphics Engine
- 2 x Music Composers
- Game Researcher, providing disassemby information and gaming rules from the original